Monday 21 February 2011

An Apology – 20/02/2011 @ 9.21pm

When I look into your eyes
I can see your pain.
So let me in,
I can take the strain.

I’m the reason
That you feel this way.
Let me prove I am sorry
And make everything okay.

I know what I did was wrong
I know I’m a hypocrite.
But I wish I could take it back.
I treated you like shit.

I witnessed something
That shook my very foundations.
So I lashed out,
Didn’t hand out a chance to explanation.

I refuse to lie to you.
I did want to get you back
For what I thought you did to me
But my intuition was way out of whack.

You and me were always two of a kind.
You were always there, I just didn’t realise
Up until recently. I’ve been so blind!
The depth of your feelings were more than just a surprise.

I was the one in your “Grenade”
Until one day I woke up inside.
You tried to change yourself, so I would notice, but I love you “Just the way you are”
And I now feel the same “When we collide”

I shouldn’t have jumped to that conclusion
I made like Jack in The Shining
I fucked everything up
But every cloud has a silver lining

I remember the time, out with the girls
Just a normal day.
People thought Hayley was ours.
That smile, full of Pride, but your Heart, full of pain.

I know how it feels to be a mule amongst a stable of horses.
Your barriers are up
But I will stay my course
Ready for when you’re ready (to let me in)

There is only a brick wall between us
But it feels like so much more
You’re nearby, but you feel so far away.
But I will stay my course.

You know the lengths I will go
To keep you safe
You saw it with your own eyes
I don’t need a poker face.

If someone raised a knife or a gun to hurt you
I’d push you to the floor
Take your place
And never be less than 100% sure.

I’ve pushed you away from oncoming cars
Jumped on a railway, when you fell
Ran into a burning building
Jumped into a frozen lake.

There is nothing I wouldn’t do.

No comments:

Post a Comment